Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day Eight - Visions of Sugar Plums

 Today I was cold, tired, and in no mood to step foot out of doors.
And so I didn't.
 
I had for myself instead quite the frumpy time of it, lazing on the couch, drowning myself in tea, and browsing cookbooks for visions of sweets and savories I might serve up for the holidays. I was most delighted with that little gem of a book up there on the left titled,
A World of Good Eating.
 
 
 I love that it is noted to be "tested in the kitchen of a New England Housewife."
She obviously was much more industrious than me.
 
 And how cute is that copyright!
 
 I did accomplish some menu making however and was especially excited to find the section on Poland full of potential dishes for my Dad's birthday dinner which happens to coincide with
New Years Eve.
 
Paprika Chicken should do the trick along with some Golabski (stuffed cabbage), cucumber salad, pierogi, and perhaps a poppy seed roll for dessert. Yum!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment