Friday, February 15, 2013

Mini Progress

 Microcrafts are in the works! It took only a few minutes this afternoon to make up a felt version of the example that was in the book. Easy Breezy it was and just perfect for a mini celebration.....
 
 ...in honor of the newest addition to my little doll family! Yep, I followed through and finished up this wee wooden lovie from my Gail Wilson kit.
 
 And as it turns out she is the perfect companion doll to this month's book.
 
 I know I've feature this one before but I honestly couldn't help myself. It's just that good!!!
The Doll's House by Rumer Godden is one of my all time favorite books. Always has been, always will. Not only is it delightfully written but it's just as delightfully illustrated, and by none other than the amazing Tasha Tudor. Top that off with a storyline featuring a dear wooden farthing doll named Tottie and what more could you ask for ?
 
 Being inspired by Tottie I took some artistic liberties and painted her up a bit more like her antique cousins the penny woodens.
 
 I was especially delighted to see they had little red shoes just like someone else I know,
 
 Miss Lily Red!
 
I just know these two are destined to be the best of friends!
 


8 comments:

  1. So cute! And what girl doesn't love a pair of red shoes????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the red shoes. You are taking me into a different world. I have never been interested in dolls, I'm a teddy bear maker, but these girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red shoes it is then! And I'm quite certain teddy bears and dolls make the best of friends.

      Delete
  3. The Doll's House is one of my favorites too! Along with Hitty and Miss Hickory, of course! Tasha Tudor is wonderful - I have her DVDs and many of her books. Your painting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Becca... I haven't read Miss Hickory in ages! I think I'll head directly to the bookshelf for a look see as I'm sure I have a copy somewhere. And now you've got me thinking about those Tasha DVD's as well. Between the two my evening entertainment is all set! Thanks, natalie jo

      Delete
  4. She is so tiny and so cute:) I love her red shoes too...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She was so much fun to make Mary Ann...not sure if I can stop at just one!

      Delete