Sunday, March 6, 2011

Miniature Millinery

I spent far more time than expected in the creation of a hat for one of the Belles. It was my heart's desire for her to have a ruffled dust cap like the one worn by Lily Marie. Unfortunately scaling it down to the appropriate size remains beyond my capabilities. Someday I'll try again using a fine batiste which may prove easier to gather up than my quilting cotton did. As an alternative I created this petite pilgrim bonnet and do believe I like it so much I'll have to work next on scaling it up to a Lily size!

But for now I introduce you to Stella Belle, the first of the 11 pincushion dolls I plan to have ready for the program now just 13 days in the future!

2 comments:

  1. That is so precious. The hat looks just right (to my untrained eye!)
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to find your blog; I've always been enchanted with your dolls and pincushions. Such delightful work :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete