Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Arrivals!

A hearty welcome to Miss Lily Maud who made her first appearance earlier this afternoon. She was soon followed by our mail delivery in which I discovered a small parcel just for me! Inside was the most delightful copy of Rumer Godden's book The Doll's House, an absolute all time favorite of mine. The story centers on Tottie, a little wooden doll, and the dollhouse that arrives into the lives of her and the small family of dolls to which she belongs. The illustrations, by Tasha Tudor, are charming of course but the fact that some of them were originally printed in color something I never knew until today!

2 comments:

  1. Miss Lily Maud is certainly a beauty! And I do have and love that book too:-) Enjoy looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that the book is still available. It was one of my favourites when I was little:) I've loved doll houses ever since.

    ReplyDelete