Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Made Something Unexpected

Behind the scenes this week I've been chugging away at a batch order of yo-yo flower pincushions. Not the most exciting things to watch in progress so I had no plans of mentioning them at all. But then I found myself short on the interfacing I use to line them and that is how they managed to worm there way into a post here at Piccalilli Days. The lack of interfacing lead to a journey to Joann's and a journey to Joann's always includes a meander through the magazines which is how I discovered the most recent addition of Mollie Makes to hit the states. What a great surprise!


Now by the time I had finished at Joann's and gathered up all the kiddies after school it was 4 o'clock. I still had time to get at that interfacing but "Mollie" was whispering in my ear. . . . .well at first she may have been whispering but very quickly she progressed to a definite "outdoor" voice. I just couldn't resist but I did compromise in that I decided to take a "working" tea time. I'd have my cuppa, make up the cover project, and if pages just happened to flap around while reading the directions no harm done!



I'd never made up a crochet flower before, never even had the urge to in fact, but boy was it fun! At first it looked like mush but very quickly it turned into this.

Now the question is what to do with it?

One flower might be lonely. . . . .


1 comment:

  1. Oh - It came out really cute -
    I subscribe to that magazine too - love it, but curiously, I have never made any of the included crafts...

    ReplyDelete