Thursday, October 11, 2012

Made It Puffy

 Step #4
Layers!
With the topper done it was time to make it just that...the top! I'm not sure if it was this cozy bit of Claire Murry flannel I intended to use as the backing or the fact that it's turned a bit nippy in these parts but I decided I wanted to make this tiny quilt extra soft, warm, and puffy by using two layers of batting in stead of one.
 
 Pinning it as such proved a bit awkward.
 
The true heroine in this endeavour, however, proved to be my dear little Featherweight who used all her might to tough it through the tug of war topstitching challenge!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks delightful. It almost inspires me to make a quilt...alas, I am no quilter and don't think I'd have the stamina to finish it. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost always inspired to make a quilt and dream of one adornig my bed someday. Unfortunately I too lack the stamina for such a creation and so find all my projects tend to scale themselves down to table mats and runners!

    ReplyDelete