Thursday, October 18, 2012

Made....For You?

 Who knew an eleven year old could get the croup? It certainly came as a surprise to me when Child #3 bolted up from a dead sleep struggling to get his breath. While a good spell of time outside in the chill air seemed to alleviate the worst of it, the rest of the night was spent dealing with that lovely seal bark of a croupy cough.

Needless to say we both navigated our way through the day in a sleep deprived fog. Eventually he gave in and took a nap which, in retrospect, was the smart thing to do. I took up my embroidery or should I say attempted to do so. Blurry eyes and mistaken stitches soon put an end to the attempt and forced me to downgrade my goal of completing 4 Hitty capes by tomorrow morning. I needed two for orders and wanted two for the shop since, for the most part, it remains barren of their presence. The cape orders were not a concern since they were actually completed yesterday but the shop it appears will have to wait a bit longer.

I feel bad about this because I know some of you are patiently waiting to see what pops up as "available" in the shop. But guess what? You don't have to wait if you don't want to. Let me know here (or over Etsy way) if you'd like one made up. I always attend to custom orders before I fuss with items for the shop so getting a request in will put you ahead of the game. On top of that, you get to pick the colors!!!

      

4 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie Jo
    I hope your Son is feeling much better now. I would really like to order a Hitty cape. Please could you tell me the price and also how much to ship to the Uk?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I should have thought to include that info...thanks for the heads up Debbie!!! The capes are $32 a piece and an additional $5.50 to ship to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to have one of your capes. I will have to look in the archives to find the color combo I loved...if you can't match it, can you attempt something similar?

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete