Sunday, September 22, 2013

Puzzled


So....all I wanted to do was make a self lining pillowcase for dolls.
Working out the details of this little pillow project had me puzzled more often than not this past week. Typical of my nature I made things far more difficult that they had to be. It wasn't until Friday afternoon that I finally had one of those light bulb moments and all was revealed! I was astounded by the simplicity of the steps I would need follow in order to achieve my desired results and honestly felt quite stupid for not having realized them from the get go. I was, however, smart enough to write out those simplistic steps so that next time my brain will have an easy go of it. I was also smart enough to see there was a life lesson in this past week's pillow project.
 
The steps needed to achieve most anything in life are often quite easier than I predict them to be.
That's it...that's what a little pillowcase taught me.
 
My predictions of complication manifest themselves over and over again into reality. Most recently I infected my "Cottage Quest" endeavor by creating such an enormous mountain of to-do lists that I  completely overwhelmed myself. No time for a game of cards with that thing hanging around. So guess what I did this weekend?
 
I threw it out.
 
Every bit of it.
The list on the fridge...GONE!
The pages in my day-timer...GONE!
The mini notebook in my purse...GONE!
The army of sticky notes throughout the house...GONE!
 
But I'm still here.
So what's next?
 

2 comments:

  1. More pillows? With dolly quilts to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes more pillows are in the works...and dolly quilts would not be a bad idea either!!!

      Delete