Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lost and Found


If nothing else, joining etsy has certainly motivated me to establish some order amongst my sewing projects and paraphernalia. And believe me it needed it! I pieced this little patchwork over a year ago with great plans to make a crazy quilt pincushion out of it. Somehow it got mislaid with a collection of fabrics for some other creation. I looked high and low for it last spring as I wanted a small handwork project to take with me while out and about. Then several days ago, I decided to clear out a drawer in my sewing hutch to use as storage for the items I'd listed for sale. There it was! On the very bottom of a pile of fabric leftovers from a wedding quilt I made last August. When I cleared those remnants off my cutting table I must have scooped this piece up along with it and then shoved them all in the drawer together.
What an exciting moment it was to rediscover it. Unfortunately I still had a very busy weekend filled with errands and much overdo yard work ahead of me. It wasn't until this afternoon that I finally sat down with a cup of tea and my needle to begin playing with some embroidery stitches. What fun!

1 comment:

  1. hi NJ it was very nice to read your blog. I found that it was thoughtfully done....beaniegirl

    ReplyDelete