Saturday, January 14, 2012

#14 Made a Date to Sew

Most days find me very much like Mary Francis spending "hours in the sewing room." Today, however, those hours were not found by walking up a flight of stairs into my nook but rather by driving down the road to Candlelite Quilts. This past year the Farmer's Wife class I was taking at the shop transformed itself into a Hand Work Gathering group. We meet once a month to sew, shop, and socialize. . . . .although I must say the emphasis is most often on the latter two activities! It is great fun!


And so this morning I loaded up all my hand work goodies along with a few orders I had to deliver (including the pincushion with that Mary Francis fabric I've fallen in love with) and headed out the door.

Once there our cozy little group gathered round the table, drank coffee, ate candy, and caught up on all the post-holiday news. Many (including me!) made $10 purchases and by doing so enrolled in the "Stash Party Stars" block of the month program. Let's hope I'm more successful at this than I was at Farmer's Wife! And somehow, amidst all our fun, I even managed to make up a tiny bouquet of Bitty Blossom Pins. . . . yeah for me!

2 comments: