Thursday, June 28, 2012

Made a Wish Come True

Today was the 11th birthday of dear child #3. As has been the tradition for many years running, he and dear hubby make a "buddy day" out of it in which they see a movie, get a bite to eat, and have a   shopping spree extravaganza. This year, however, another request was made...to have a store bought birthday cake?!!! Apparently #3 had been deprived of such an experience but always eyed the confections in the bakery case at the grocery store. So, when he spoke up, I put my baking apron aside, placed an order and when the time finally arrived, dished him up a hearty slice of sweetness with the "J" on top!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! It is a pretty cake! I grew up with homemade cakes, and I have to admit, store bought cakes were something I wished for too! The grass is always greener....

    And those woodettes...I like your dolls the best...with your pincushions. love,andrea

    ReplyDelete