Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Made Some Cuts

 A bit of cloud cover this afternoon finally made it bearable to ramble about outdoors. I took the opportunity to set up shop on the side porch and made some cuts of a very different sort.

 Unfortunately when lined up on a flat surface the whompiness of my little village really showed.

 Even so I kind of found myself attached to this one here.

 The project was cut short, however, at the first sign of the blessed rain promised to head our way.

 I'm sure the daisies were even happier than I was at the propspect.

About the only thing left in hearty condition is the Queen Anne's Lace.....and of course all the weeds. Who knows but that Queen Anne's Lace is a weed itself! Regardless, I love it and gathered a few sprigs to take back inside with me where a  breeze was finally beginning to stir the curtains.




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your little village! Poor daisies. I guess weeds are just more of the survivor type..unfortunately!
    love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what I'll do with them either! In the meantime I looked up Queen Anne's Lace and yep...it's a weed. Oh well, it's still pretty. All the best to you and yours, natalie jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I re-read what I wrote. I don't mean unfortunately for queen anne's lace specifically. It is very pretty. Lately it was in the news as being a cause of allergies even more so than goldenrod though. I never knew that. love,andrea

    ReplyDelete