Thursday, July 19, 2012

Made it Count

 With saw in hand again toady I had another go at the little houses.....this time making myself much more accountable for each and every draw of the blade.

 I found with care the rampant whompiness of yesterday's endeavour could be avoided. But then, of course, I worried too much precision would be just as bad. It's quite difficult to know exactly how they should be when I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them.....

The inspiration to begin this new offshoot career as a "woodcutter" was found in a locked case at the antique mart last weekend. There I spied the most amazing collections of wooden village sets complete with houses, animals, and even fences. Most contained houses in the 2 to 3 inch scale range but one set was teeny,,,,,really teeny. And I really wanted it! Not just for me mind you, I'd share it with all the wee dolls in my life but only, that is, if my pocket book was big enough to afford it. It wasn't.

What it could afford was the $5 six foot length of wooden trim I found at the hardware store the next day and have been hacking away at ever since. While at first I envisioned replicating the set from the antique store I'm not so sure now. At this point the little houses look so remote and isolated to me that I'm debating abandoning the linear farm theme and going instead with a windswept island theme. Of course the fact that I'm still totally immersed in Elisabeth Olgivie's novels might have something to do with this change of heart as well.

For now I guess I'll just keep cutting.....

   


No comments:

Post a Comment