After quite a bit of trial and error I do believe I've got a system down by which a bitty book may be bound. A bit of color touch up gets the ball rolling...
...quickly followed a trimming of the pages.
Folding goes fast and that is a very good thing indeed because by this time I can hardly wait to get to the next step.
I have found I absolutely LOVE the process of stitching the pages together!
It's so much fun to be able to turn the pages one by one.
But before it can have a proper read through it does so need a front and back cover to keep it tidy!
And so I gave it one!
Unfortunately, I soon noticed a slight problem being that little Lucy's pinafore took on quite the yellow cast once the two were paired up. Hmm....this would not do!
Thus out came the paints again, only this time a "Bleached White" replaced the "Vintage White" I had previously thought perfection.
Even Lucy agreed it was a much needed improvement.
Of course this is not the end of book binding adventures for me.
Being that this bitty one measures a tad under two inches square, reading it can be a wee bit of a challenge and so I'll be working out the details of a more "handy" version next. The plan is to have an assortment of both book sizes and some little Lucy's ready to start making themselves available in the shop on May Day. Oh, and I haven't forgotten her velvet cushion either. That will follow soon after along with some other little goodies that I can't wait to start playing with!