Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Bitty Book is Bound

After quite a bit of trial and error I do believe I've got a system down by which a bitty book may be bound. A bit of color touch up gets the ball rolling...
 
 ...quickly followed a trimming of the pages.
 
 Folding goes fast and that is a very good thing indeed because by this time I can hardly wait to get to the next step.
 
 I have found I absolutely LOVE the process of stitching the pages together!
 
 It's so much fun to be able to turn the pages one by one.
 
 But before it can have a proper read through it does so need a front and back cover to keep it tidy!
 
 And so I gave it one!
 
Unfortunately, I soon noticed a slight problem being that little Lucy's pinafore took on quite the yellow cast once the two were paired up. Hmm....this would not do!
 
 Thus out came the paints again, only this time a "Bleached White" replaced the "Vintage White" I had previously thought perfection.
 
 Even Lucy agreed it was a much needed improvement.
 
Of course this is not the end of book binding adventures for me.
Being that this bitty one measures a tad under two inches square, reading it can be a wee bit of a challenge and so  I'll be working out the details of a more "handy" version next. The plan is to have an assortment of both book sizes and some little Lucy's ready to start making themselves available in the shop on May Day. Oh, and I haven't forgotten her velvet cushion either. That will follow soon after along with some other little goodies that I can't wait to start playing with!
 
 


20 comments:

  1. What a sweet little book and it looks great. Have you printed it on to cardstock on both sides? Little Lucy's apron does look better with the bleached white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree with me about the apron! And yes I did print it on cardstock but only on one side. I then folded some pages with the pictures together and others with the pictures out. After that I could sew them together in a way that allowed me to use double sided tape to secure them to one another so they looked as if they were printed on two sides. Took awhile to figure it all out and I made oodles of mistakes along the way. Once I did get the hang of it I made myself a cheat sheet to follow along with and all is well!

      Delete
  2. Oh! My GIRL!! It is all as darling as can be!! May I pre-order?? Be put on a list?? Bow low and sing praises high??
    Must must be your best fan and customer!! You ARE the most clever thing!
    Hugs and love and blessings,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Christie you have me blushing! I'll be making plenty have no fear...everything else is taking a backseat including the laundry! Will keep you posted but they will start to march into the shop on May 1st and continue to do so all month long!

      Delete
    2. That is happy news to my little girl heart!! ....and the laundry will wait, my dear! Trust me:))
      I will be most anxious for May Day, this year!!
      Blessings, oh creative one!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet treasure! I can hardly wait. By any chance, will a Lucy be available too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....Lucy will be available too! I snatched up 166 of the little bells that I make them out of and so in fact a little army can be expected over time!

      Delete
    2. Oh, can you hear me cheering? I am so happy!!

      Delete
  4. . . . absolutely lovely !! . . . don't forget ME !! . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never could I forget you! Tax paperwork yes...but you, NO!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait! Both Lucy and the book are so sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy is a lucky little girl to be able to have her pinafore replaced so promptly! Book and doll are just delightful. I will be looking forward to May Day in a way I never have before. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is the most precious little book! And Lucy is totally adorable!!! I too am looking forward to May Day now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What time is your shop update?
    froggie.22@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is May Day ... I'm waiting?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to buy both a doll and a book - will that be possible? If so, how,please?
    Congratulations!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious little book!! Cannot wait to acquire one along with Miss Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Belinda, Lucy will be delighted to hear of your interest in meeting her! Off to share the news, natalie jo

      Delete